As a Project Engineer you thrive on schedules, milestones, and delivering solutions on time. You will bring order to a fast paced growth environment. As AlsoEnergy grows continuing to deliver more and larger scale utility SCADA solutions, a project engineer is needed to coordinate activities within the company. SCADA projects require understanding and managing project requirements, deliverables, and due dates. The Project Engineer will work with Technical Sales to document and refine product requirements, milestones and deliverables and translate this into actionable and achievable project plans. From these plans, the Project Engineer will coordinate internally with Engineering, Development, and Operations to fulfill projects on time and within the project budget. If you enjoy project management, developing project plans and requirements and working across the organization to execute on deliverables, this could be the ideal role for you.
- Work with Technical Sales to ensure complete and detailed engineering requirements
- Build project plans and manage projects from purchase order to completion
- Coordinate internal resources developing accountability and clarity in scope and timeline for each stakeholder
- Communicate regularly with Technical Sales and the customer to manage expectations
- Work with field service to efficiently organize field activities
- Develop tools for and report periodically internally and externally on health of projects
- Develop tools to understand and manage resource loading across the organization
- Host periodic project meetings – internal and with customer
- Develop project life-cycle process and checklists for engineering projects
- Track project costs and process change orders with sales and the customer as needed
- Identify gaps and interface with engineering, operations, development, and the customer to drive resolution
- Help to define and refine internal processes
We are looking for a driven, self-motivated individual who relentlessly identifies and fills gaps with a strong technical background and attention to detail. The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or other applicable engineering degree
- Minimum 4 years of experience required as a project manager, preferably in the solar or utility industry
- Experience with project management tools such as Microsoft Project required
This job is based in our Boulder, CO company headquarters.
See full job description here.